Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Share Your Creativity

The other thing I love about quilting is you can individualize it. Two people can make the same quilt and it can look completely different. Many new quilt patterns use basic blocks that have been around for years, but people put their own ideas into it and make it something totally new. Some people are creative enough to start from scratch and design something totally out of the blue. Others (like me) see an idea and tweak it to make it our own.
                                                     
                                                         You can take a pattern that you love
                                                       (A Piece of Cake by Thimble Blossoms)

                                                                     And just by resizing

                                                               or adding a little embellishment

                                                                      
                                                you can totally change a quilt and make it your own.


So part of what I wanted to do with my blog is show photos of what you all have created and how you make it your own. So when you order a kit or some fabric from me I would love for you to send me a picture of your finished creation. We can share what you did and maybe inspire a little creativity in someone else.
(By the way, I have a few kits and fabric from some of these quilts for sale in my etsy shop. First order might find a little ruby in their box!)

1 comment:

Rachel Dunn said...

I love the concept for this blog. I can't wait to "create" something and send it to you! Not to mention browse your ETSY shop. I'm loving all these new Moda prints.