Monday, February 13, 2012

2 months, 4 weeks, and 2 days

That's how long it's been since I've posted. Wow, better than my last hiatus of a year. Once we got into the holidays I just got busy and overwhelmed. The older I get the more that seems to happen, we have so much going on that I just let it get to me and I kind of shut down. I end up sitting on the couch rewatching episodes of Gilmore Girls that I have seen hundreds of times and eating something chocolate and gettting nothing done. Anyone else have that problem? One of my goals for this year is to keep myself going and not let that happen.
So we made it through the holidays (that sounds bad, we made it through.) We actually had a great holiday season with lots of fun, family, and food! And now I'm gearing up for baby #5 due 5 weeks from today. Our oldest is a boy, and now 10 years and 3 girls later we are getting another boy in our house. I love my girls, but I think it will be fun to have a change.
So the next little bit I'm going to be showing you all my cute little boy projects. It's fun to be sewing with blue again!! We kind of have a thing for minkee/snuggles at our house. I made my husband a throw for Christmas a few years ago and it is the favorite and fought over TV blanket. I did one for my yougest when she was born and "lovey" is her very favorite, she doesn't sleep without it. So I knew I wanted to make one for this baby. But I had a hard time finding minkee prints in the colors I wanted so I threw in a few cotton prints. It turned out pretty cute. And was super simple to do.

I
I cut 12-4&1/2" x 43" strips and sewed them together (tip-when sewing with minkee or snuggles pin really well, it stretches and you'll never end up even if you don't)

I didn't put any batting in it. I did the back out of gray snuggles, and cut it about 2&1/2" bigger than the front all the way around. Then just rolled it over twice, pinned and sewed.
Then I pinned off a 6 inch section about 1/3 of the way from each end and sewed right along the seam. I did this in the place of quilting to keep it together.
 
And ta-da, a super simple, super fast, super cute, and super snuggly little blanket for baby boy. The fabrics are just some random thing I gathered up. The aqua and gray snuggles are available in my shop. And you might recognize some pieces of Vintage Modern I stole from my mom. This will be out in May and hopefully I'll have a few bolts of that to share as well.
So it's good to be back. Stay tuned for more baby boy projects, hopefully I'll get it all done since I only have 5 weeks left-or 3 if I'm lucky ;)

2 comments:

Camille said...

Love it! I think I need to get myself one of those snuggles blankets. I keep stealing Nic's and he's getting big enough to get it back.

Love the fabric you picked too! Lucky little boy. Can't wait to meet him!

Bonnie said...

I love the Navy in the cuddly quilt. Can't wait to snuggle that little boy that goes in it!